ffa or 1-30

This forum is for any general discussions related to Magestorm.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Limitless

ffa or 1-30

Postby Limitless » 2:56 pm, Fri Feb 10, 2017

i'm not sure which one is fucking us but its one of the two or both .. i love ffa personally .. but it's damn near impossible to do any kind of lvling as a new char with constant 1-30 ffa's .. maybe the suspension of the 1-30 option temporarily will force smaller level games?? maybe the same goes for ffa .. i dunno but i guarantee alot of newcomers are gonna be complaining/quitting with the way everything is now .. me?? i'm just tryna get past lvl 5 .. get in the game fuckbags ..

Slick

Re: ffa or 1-30

Postby Slick » 4:19 pm, Fri Feb 10, 2017

it's both. mostly the 1-30 option. if it was a 1-5 ffa the new player wouldnt have any issues.

this also forces the 6 to make a 1... if the 6 doesnt wanna play so be it. i'd rather see the 6 not want to play rather than the level 1 never coming back.

Barren

Postby Barren » 6:43 pm, Fri Feb 10, 2017

agree with slick... ffa isnt a problem so long as the people in the ffa are all close to the same level.

Sorien
Developer

Postby Sorien » 7:47 pm, Fri Feb 10, 2017

I don't see how the 1-30 option could even remotely be a problem since you can just click a button to change the range.

I'll gladly put the ranges back to normal and then facepalm when everyone is too high to play with the level 1-5s and they just quit.. then people bitch and whine like always about the game not being newbie friendly.

Instead of thinking of ways to stop players from playing together... try to think of things that make low levels playing with high levels not boring/pointless.

As it is right now if your level is under the average player level in an arena, you have a damage reduction and exp bonus proportional to the level difference.

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 8:13 pm, Fri Feb 10, 2017

Maybe halve kill exp and boost damage and heal exp by 50% for ffa and have tapping send directly to spawn points. Should prevent the higher levels from snowballing so much and let the lower ones level easier since they obviously won't be getting much kill exp.

Slick

Postby Slick » 8:24 pm, Fri Feb 10, 2017

there is no amount of dmg reduction that will make a diff. low levels cant shoot fast, do low damage (2-8 in most cases) and have no hitpoints. limit just started yesterday - take a look at his perspective. spot on and an echo of what ive posted for the last week or so. maybe give no points/no death (to the low player) /no +kills/ etc / etc... if the level range is +6 or so.

sure, 1-30's are awful and the fault solely lies on the person who creates it. but the people creating them are either clueless or higher level and want to destroy the easy kills. perhaps it might be as easy as 1-30 shouldnt be the default choice...

the larger picture is what is gonna be done to keep 30's playing...

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 9:46 pm, Fri Feb 10, 2017

In any case, there's a large disparity between kills, experience, and levels, largely due to lack of clerics compared to standard matches. Simplest solution is to boost dmg/heal exp and nerf kill exp for ffa.

Limitless

Postby Limitless » 10:11 pm, Fri Feb 10, 2017

Kuraokami wrote:In any case, there's a large disparity between kills, experience, and levels, largely due to lack of clerics compared to standard matches. Simplest solution is to boost dmg/heal exp and nerf kill exp for ffa.
simplest solution is for kura to go away before he fucks something else up ..

Return to “General”