Surprised u reset before working on gameplay at 30

This forum is for any general discussions related to Magestorm.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Limitless

Re: Surprised u reset before working on gameplay at 30

Postby Limitless » 10:52 pm, Fri Feb 17, 2017

Kuraokami wrote:
Limitless wrote:
Kuraokami wrote:
Limitless wrote:
Oh, Gee, wow... bandwagon logically solves all problems, amiright?

if it's the "kura is a fucking douchebag" bandwagon i don't have to jump on .. i'm drivin the mother fucker ..
You'd be better served if you learned that you're the douchebag.

wait what?

Ayo

Postby Ayo » 11:05 pm, Fri Feb 17, 2017

Kuraokami wrote:
Ayo wrote:
Kuraokami wrote:
Ayo wrote:
Different chicken and egg, capt'n assumption, but carry on
Doesn't hurt to try.

1) you think more skill gap will have your K/D ratio go up
2) you think more skill gap will have your K/D ratio go down
3) you think more skill gap will have your K/D ratio remain the same

Regardless of how the rest of existing and potential players, one of the 3 options would still apply. On an online shooter game with collision detection, options 1 and 2 are directly controllable by your Internet connection speeds. Having been there during the timeframe when I reduced projectile hit boxes and having initiated the changes myself, so that I could observe the results, making the game more "skill based", which is really a misnomer for shooter twitch reflexes, has the effects of widening the K/D ratio disparities due to variable connection speeds. Due to playerbases having a mean connection speed and normalized distribution for such, it is better to target balance with that mean in mind, not with someone on the far end of the distribution; e.g., shouldn't change ability to land spells to being easier based upon the old SoLD/BL players who live overseas, and shouldn't change ability to land spells to being more difficult based upon a player who runs a setup optimized for shooters. If otherwise is done, you end up marginalizing the average player.

As was evident by the timeframe when various other community members attempted balancing the game, many of you use similar language to describe distinctly very different things.

Historically, making the game more "skill based" has been virtually all of your direct and distinct complaints about the game, so, if you're personal positions have changed, and you're now referring to something completely different, then I apologize.
That was some tangent....I advocated for more options (maps, useful spells at 30, counters, etc.) rather than l33t skillz
Well, the memorable thing about you was pushing for more twitch reflex based gameplay, so if you decide to play a bunch or be involved and whatnot, you may want to consider that such is how you legitimately came across on a regular basis.
If that's how I came across you weren't listening, but you've always been quick to pigeon hole people. Meh.

While I'd love to have magestorm around for years to come, starting from scratch to end up in the same place isn't of interest. Disconnected management will plague this community forever. Thinking you could reset and have people flood back without addressing longstanding issues was lunacy.

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 11:17 pm, Fri Feb 17, 2017

Limitless wrote:
Kuraokami wrote:
Limitless wrote:
Kuraokami wrote:
Oh, Gee, wow... bandwagon logically solves all problems, amiright?

if it's the "kura is a fucking douchebag" bandwagon i don't have to jump on .. i'm drivin the mother fucker ..
You'd be better served if you learned that you're the douchebag.

wait what?
A room full of douchebags calling a non-douchebag a douchebag is what?

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 11:18 pm, Fri Feb 17, 2017

Ayo wrote:
Kuraokami wrote:
Ayo wrote:
Kuraokami wrote:
Doesn't hurt to try.

1) you think more skill gap will have your K/D ratio go up
2) you think more skill gap will have your K/D ratio go down
3) you think more skill gap will have your K/D ratio remain the same

Regardless of how the rest of existing and potential players, one of the 3 options would still apply. On an online shooter game with collision detection, options 1 and 2 are directly controllable by your Internet connection speeds. Having been there during the timeframe when I reduced projectile hit boxes and having initiated the changes myself, so that I could observe the results, making the game more "skill based", which is really a misnomer for shooter twitch reflexes, has the effects of widening the K/D ratio disparities due to variable connection speeds. Due to playerbases having a mean connection speed and normalized distribution for such, it is better to target balance with that mean in mind, not with someone on the far end of the distribution; e.g., shouldn't change ability to land spells to being easier based upon the old SoLD/BL players who live overseas, and shouldn't change ability to land spells to being more difficult based upon a player who runs a setup optimized for shooters. If otherwise is done, you end up marginalizing the average player.

As was evident by the timeframe when various other community members attempted balancing the game, many of you use similar language to describe distinctly very different things.

Historically, making the game more "skill based" has been virtually all of your direct and distinct complaints about the game, so, if you're personal positions have changed, and you're now referring to something completely different, then I apologize.
That was some tangent....I advocated for more options (maps, useful spells at 30, counters, etc.) rather than l33t skillz
Well, the memorable thing about you was pushing for more twitch reflex based gameplay, so if you decide to play a bunch or be involved and whatnot, you may want to consider that such is how you legitimately came across on a regular basis.
If that's how I came across you weren't listening, but you've always been quick to pigeon hole people. Meh.

While I'd love to have magestorm around for years to come, starting from scratch to end up in the same place isn't of interest. Disconnected management will plague this community forever. Thinking you could reset and have people flood back without addressing longstanding issues was lunacy.
No, this just makes you socially unaware.

The second paragraph makes you a socially unaware hypocrite.

Ayo

Postby Ayo » 2:17 am, Sat Feb 18, 2017

How?

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 12:32 pm, Sat Feb 18, 2017

Perhaps, that is an answer best found yourself.

Ayo

Postby Ayo » 10:48 pm, Sat Feb 18, 2017

Guy, it's your opinion, so the "answer" is "found" when you elaborate...simple stuff, no? THE authority on online social skillz surely has more insight.

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 10:59 pm, Sat Feb 18, 2017

Ayo wrote:Guy, it's your opinion, so the "answer" is "found" when you elaborate...simple stuff, no? THE authority on online social skillz surely has more insight.
See one answer clearly, and you see them all.

Pootytangx

Postby Pootytangx » 5:44 pm, Sat Feb 25, 2017

I've hated Kuraokomi since way back when this project was first getting off the ground. He tried to run the forums like it was the 3rd Reich. I bet it's just killing him now he doesn't have the power to do shit. Kill yourself! Seriously!

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 9:50 pm, Sat Feb 25, 2017

Pootytangx wrote:I've hated Kuraokomi since way back when this project was first getting off the ground. He tried to run the forums like it was the 3rd Reich. I bet it's just killing him now he doesn't have the power to do shit. Kill yourself! Seriously!
Huh? I was asked to help. Just because one values power and does not have it, and one has power, does not mean the latter values it.

Pootytangx

Postby Pootytangx » 9:56 pm, Sat Feb 25, 2017

This is why nobody likes you...

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 4:50 pm, Sun Feb 26, 2017

Pootytangx wrote:This is why nobody likes you...
To be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Limitless

Postby Limitless » 5:24 pm, Sun Feb 26, 2017

Pootytangx wrote:I've hated Kuraokomi since way back when this project was first getting off the ground. He tried to run the forums like it was the 3rd Reich. I bet it's just killing him now he doesn't have the power to do shit. Kill yourself! Seriously!

Limitless

Postby Limitless » 5:25 pm, Sun Feb 26, 2017

Kuraokami wrote:
Huh? I was asked to help. Just because one values power and does not have it, and one has power, does not mean the latter values it.
oh now you're a philosiphizer??

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 5:33 pm, Sun Feb 26, 2017

Limitless wrote:
Kuraokami wrote:
oh now you're a philosiphizer??
It's not my fault that some of you are annoying.

I've posted my actual personality before.

Return to “General”