Surprised u reset before working on gameplay at 30

This forum is for any general discussions related to Magestorm.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Kuraokami
Regular

Re: Surprised u reset before working on gameplay at 30

Postby Kuraokami » 3:29 am, Tue Feb 14, 2017

Limitless wrote:
Kuraokami wrote:
Limitless wrote:
Kuraokami wrote:Why are you even here? Do you ever even have any actual arguments or just you acting like a whiney mommas boy 24/7? Why not leave the arguing to people who actually know how to speak without coming across as an emo moron?
i'll take that as a no .. you don't have dick to do with shit here .. you don't play .. why the fuck you even on the boards bruh?? just like trollin the shit outta people like you still matter orrrrrr ..
Speaking reason when to a mommas boy who has none is not trolling.

Ayo historically has asked for more skill-based gameplay, and had suggested that such is the reason for people not playing, and referring to the chicken and egg argument.

Download a bandwidth limiter. Problem: solved.

speaking anything in a forum (that you don't moderate anymore) for a game (that you're not playing) trying to make it seem like you have some kind of input on said game is 100% trolling .. you don't matter here .. prolly goes the same for most aspects of your life .. but here you are .. on the internet .. trolling .. you really have that much free time??
Funny, seems I'm inputting pretty hard for you to be so butthurt.

Ayo

Postby Ayo » 8:58 pm, Tue Feb 14, 2017

Kuraokami wrote:Ayo historically has asked for more skill-based gameplay, and had suggested that such is the reason for people not playing, and referring to the chicken and egg argument.

Different chicken and egg, capt'n assumption, but carry on

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 4:14 am, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Ayo wrote:
Kuraokami wrote:Ayo historically has asked for more skill-based gameplay, and had suggested that such is the reason for people not playing, and referring to the chicken and egg argument.

Doesn't hurt to try.

1) you think more skill gap will have your K/D ratio go up
2) you think more skill gap will have your K/D ratio go down
3) you think more skill gap will have your K/D ratio remain the same

Regardless of how the rest of existing and potential players, one of the 3 options would still apply. On an online shooter game with collision detection, options 1 and 2 are directly controllable by your Internet connection speeds. Having been there during the timeframe when I reduced projectile hit boxes and having initiated the changes myself, so that I could observe the results, making the game more "skill based", which is really a misnomer for shooter twitch reflexes, has the effects of widening the K/D ratio disparities due to variable connection speeds. Due to playerbases having a mean connection speed and normalized distribution for such, it is better to target balance with that mean in mind, not with someone on the far end of the distribution; e.g., shouldn't change ability to land spells to being easier based upon the old SoLD/BL players who live overseas, and shouldn't change ability to land spells to being more difficult based upon a player who runs a setup optimized for shooters. If otherwise is done, you end up marginalizing the average player.

As was evident by the timeframe when various other community members attempted balancing the game, many of you use similar language to describe distinctly very different things.

Historically, making the game more "skill based" has been virtually all of your direct and distinct complaints about the game, so, if you're personal positions have changed, and you're now referring to something completely different, then I apologize.

Deathrogue

Postby Deathrogue » 7:24 am, Wed Feb 15, 2017

49 posts from Kura and all of them have no positive influence on Magestorm Gameplay. Makes complete sense to troll the forums without playing the game. Cue the combative Kura post!

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 8:04 am, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Deathrogue wrote:49 posts from Kura and all of them have no positive influence on Magestorm Gameplay. Makes complete sense to troll the forums without playing the game. Cue the combative Kura post!
Your definition of "positive influence on Magestorm Gameplay" is "changing the game to better suit Deathrogue personally."

It's nice how all of your arguments result in trying to get others into a war of attrition of NoLife'ing the game for self-perceived superiority of opinion and reason. I've played the game before.

Deathrogue

Postby Deathrogue » 8:16 am, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Kuraokami wrote:
Deathrogue wrote:49 posts from Kura and all of them have no positive influence on Magestorm Gameplay. Makes complete sense to troll the forums without playing the game. Cue the combative Kura post!
Your definition of "positive influence on Magestorm Gameplay" is "changing the game to better suit Deathrogue personally."

How did you come up with this assumption? Good try, but not true in any way. Thanks though..

It's nice how all of your arguments result in trying to get others into a war of attrition of NoLife'ing the game for self-perceived superiority of opinion and reason. I've played the game before.
Yawnnnnn

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 8:27 am, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Deathrogue wrote:
Kuraokami wrote:

How did you come up with this assumption? Good try, but not true in any way. Thanks though..

Yawnnnnn
Not an assumption at all, and it is very true. Your selfish nature is transparent.

Deathrogue

Postby Deathrogue » 9:02 am, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Not an assumption at all, and it is very true. Your selfish nature is transparent.
When have I defined positive influence on Magestorm Gameplay as changing the game to better suit me personally?

Provide proof? Or you still trolling?

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 9:14 am, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Deathrogue wrote:
When have I defined positive influence on Magestorm Gameplay as changing the game to better suit me personally?

Provide proof? Or you still trolling?
You obviously have poor wherewithal and don't understand the definition of trolling. Trolling is when you seek to cause discord in an otherwise pleasant atmosphere to change the actions of others.

Limitless

Postby Limitless » 5:58 pm, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 6:40 pm, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Limitless wrote:
Oh, Gee, wow... bandwagon logically solves all problems, amiright?

Ayo

Postby Ayo » 8:19 pm, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Kuraokami wrote:
Ayo wrote:

Doesn't hurt to try.

Regardless of how the rest of existing and potential players, one of the 3 options would still apply. On an online shooter game with collision detection, options 1 and 2 are directly controllable by your Internet connection speeds. Having been there during the timeframe when I reduced projectile hit boxes and having initiated the changes myself, so that I could observe the results, making the game more "skill based", which is really a misnomer for shooter twitch reflexes, has the effects of widening the K/D ratio disparities due to variable connection speeds. Due to playerbases having a mean connection speed and normalized distribution for such, it is better to target balance with that mean in mind, not with someone on the far end of the distribution; e.g., shouldn't change ability to land spells to being easier based upon the old SoLD/BL players who live overseas, and shouldn't change ability to land spells to being more difficult based upon a player who runs a setup optimized for shooters. If otherwise is done, you end up marginalizing the average player.

As was evident by the timeframe when various other community members attempted balancing the game, many of you use similar language to describe distinctly very different things.

Historically, making the game more "skill based" has been virtually all of your direct and distinct complaints about the game, so, if you're personal positions have changed, and you're now referring to something completely different, then I apologize.
That was some tangent....I advocated for more options (maps, useful spells at 30, counters, etc.) rather than l33t skillz

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 8:34 pm, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Ayo wrote:
Kuraokami wrote:
Ayo wrote:

Doesn't hurt to try.

That was some tangent....I advocated for more options (maps, useful spells at 30, counters, etc.) rather than l33t skillz
Well, the memorable thing about you was pushing for more twitch reflex based gameplay, so if you decide to play a bunch or be involved and whatnot, you may want to consider that such is how you legitimately came across on a regular basis.

Limitless

Postby Limitless » 9:52 pm, Fri Feb 17, 2017

Kuraokami wrote:
Limitless wrote:

if it's the "kura is a fucking douchebag" bandwagon i don't have to jump on .. i'm drivin the mother fucker ..

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 10:33 pm, Fri Feb 17, 2017

Limitless wrote:
Kuraokami wrote:
Limitless wrote:

if it's the "kura is a fucking douchebag" bandwagon i don't have to jump on .. i'm drivin the mother fucker ..
You'd be better served if you learned that you're the douchebag.

Return to “General”