POLL: Nerf To Clerics

This forum is for suggestions and polls for Magestorm.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Cleric Nerf

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes: 8

Law

POLL: Nerf To Clerics

Postby Law » 7:36 pm, Mon Jan 30, 2017

I propose this nerf to Clerics, with the aim of making them killable.

-------------------------------
Prayer Nerf: 10/15/20/25/33 damage reduction %
Prayer duration reduced to 15 seconds

Early game wounding made slightly weaker
Early game self healing made moderately weaker
Increase both of their power based on the current prayer level attainable by the Cleric, so that end game is similar to what it is now, just with nerfed P5.
------------------------------

My justification for all these nerfs are outlined in the "Make Magestorm Great Again" thread.

I also want to say, these changes can be reversed. I just want you guys to try killable clerics for a week and see how you like it.

So if you're willing to engage in an experiment with me for the betterment of Magestorm's balance, please vote Yes.

Kuraokami
Regular

Re: POLL: Nerf To Clerics

Postby Kuraokami » 2:29 am, Wed Feb 01, 2017

Think you need to err more on the side of smudging and less on the side of whacking. Small numbers have big effects sometimes. Simply the Prayer Nerf listed would be noticeable, with the added duration nerf being pretty overkill.

Law

Re: POLL: Nerf To Clerics

Postby Law » 3:52 am, Wed Feb 01, 2017

It's fine, Dain's poll looks like Clerics are gonna get hit with the nerf bat. I wonder if it will be enough.

To be honest, I think you could remove Prayer completely and Clerics would be fine. If Prayer was removed completely this game might actually be balanced for real. Seriously, I main a Mage, with 206 base HP. Mages are easier to kill with armors on than Clerics are with prayer off. You Cleric players are a fucking joke, for real.

If I can watch an Arc from a distance, gauge when he's gonna use Manastorm, and block it with one swift cast of Cold Wall, then your dumb Cleric ass can use Prayer reactively as well.
Kuraokami wrote:Small numbers have big effects sometimes.
Let's have some fun with numbers. Let's compare a Mage with Fire Armor on, vs a Cleric with no Prayer.

White Death x3 = 240 HP. Mage dead. Cleric alive.
Shrapnel Ball 1 x4 = 210 HP. Mage dead. Cleric alive, can take two more before death.
Tornado x3 (70 dmg?) = 210 HP. Mage dead. Cleric needs two more to die.
Lightning Storm x3 = 210 HP. Mage dead. Cleric needs two more.
Electrocute x5 = 240 HP. Mage dead. Cleric alive. Cleric needs one more, and if Mage resists one then they're both even at 6.
Death Knell x5 = 250 HP. Mage dead. Cleric alive.

This one will be fun:
Manastorm x3 = 300 HP. 225 damage to Mage (9.2% overkill). 300 dmg to Cleric (4.16% overkill).

Even with 25% reduction on mana damage, Mage is still easier to kill than a Cleric without any kind of reduction at all.

Not to mention Mages can't heal themselves. Cleric players are a joke.

Return to “Suggestions & Polls”