FFA Problems/EXP Rate

This forum is for suggestions and polls for Magestorm.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Limitless

Re: FFA Problems/EXP Rate

Postby Limitless » 7:57 pm, Mon Feb 13, 2017

my height doesn't matter .. just like 98% of the shit kuradouche posts .. i keep asking questions and he keeps talkin shit about my height hah .. niggah don't play .. niggah dont mod .. niggah aint dev team .. niggah needs to stfu and be out .. js ..

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 3:59 am, Tue Feb 14, 2017

Shadle01 wrote:why does limits height matter? lol. i dont need your input if ur not playing, so i wont be giving you an estimate. any ffa doesnt represent this game in any sort of way, and thats my opinion. a good example is no level 30 clerics, they are not needed as it stands. i would like to play more but there is no reason to anymore, the best games were a couple 1-10s in cath revival. great cleric play, game ended with a win...it was funny to see how hardly anyone knew how to win a game, it takes strategic planning and teamwork. thats an element to the game that is a fun aspect in my mind. even if ur not the best skilled player if you know where to be and when to be, you contribute in a big way.
Doesn't take me long to gather the states of things.

They had a few regular games the other day, but people kept shrining them out fast. I'd recommend leading by example.

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 4:01 am, Tue Feb 14, 2017

Limitless wrote:my height doesn't matter .. just like 98% of the shit kuradouche posts .. i keep asking questions and he keeps talkin shit about my height hah .. niggah don't play .. niggah dont mod .. niggah aint dev team .. niggah needs to stfu and be out .. js ..
Matters because you have little man syndrome and most of your stances and viewpoints come from behind little man syndrome glasses.

You really can't reason through anything, can you?

Deathrogue

Postby Deathrogue » 8:16 am, Tue Feb 14, 2017

It doesn't seem like the FFA games will stop or slow down any time soon. Everyone wants to level up quick and FFA is the best way to do that. Can't blame them imo. The team aspect is much more fun and takes more strategy which is more appealing to me, so hopefully we can bring it back someday.

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 8:50 am, Tue Feb 14, 2017

Deathrogue wrote:It doesn't seem like the FFA games will stop or slow down any time soon. Everyone wants to level up quick and FFA is the best way to do that. Can't blame them imo. The team aspect is much more fun and takes more strategy which is more appealing to me, so hopefully we can bring it back someday.
Well, at the rate yall are describing, it's going to wind up like start of MSR, where everyone burned through the levels then quit.

Slick

Postby Slick » 6:11 pm, Tue Feb 14, 2017

Kuraokami wrote:you have little man syndrome
this title is reserved for Rival...

Law

Postby Law » 7:18 pm, Tue Feb 14, 2017

FFA makes all the "Magestorm is a team game" arguments that justify Cleric's near invulnerability not applicable. It's easier to kill a level 30 Mage than an 18 Cleric.

Wounding 2 = 10 dmg.

Needs 21 hits to kill a 30 Mage at 206 HP
Needs 31 hits to kill an 18 Cleric with Prayer 5 on at 183 HP - (183 / .6 = 305 effective HP)

Slick

Postby Slick » 8:55 pm, Tue Feb 14, 2017

@Law

Cant wait for you to actually login and play... I'll crush you with my cleric. :)

Law

Postby Law » 3:16 pm, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Slick wrote:@Law

Cant wait for you to actually login and play... I'll crush you with my cleric. :)
I got a better idea for you Slick, and you don't even need me.

Get on Bugs and try to take out a Cleric. Go find some dirtbag like ykede who thinks it's cool to fucking hunt you down for 5 minutes and chase you HARD even though you're 7 levels below him and have absolutely zero chance of winning.

Have fun with that shit buddy. I play games for fun - not to be someone's victim; and you wonder why the population is low.

And before you say I chased you down on my Cleric, he's named no_prayer for a reason and I don't even use self heals. Just fucking shoot me. You were the closest thing to a fair fight in that game so of course I'm going to fight you.

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 3:23 pm, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Law wrote:
Slick wrote:@Law

I got a better idea for you Slick, and you don't even need me.

Get on Bugs and try to take out a Cleric. Go find some dirtbag like ykede who thinks it's cool to fucking hunt you down for 5 minutes and chase you HARD even though you're 7 levels below him and have absolutely zero chance of winning.

Have fun with that shit buddy. I play games for fun - not to be someone's victim; and you wonder why the population is low.

And before you say I chased you down on my Cleric, he's named no_prayer for a reason and I don't even use self heals. Just fucking shoot me. You were the closest thing to a fair fight in that game so of course I'm going to fight you.
Did you try the bleeds as I suggested?

What youre speaking of is more like "griefing" than anything else.

Law

Postby Law » 3:43 pm, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Kuraokami wrote:

Yes Kura, it is griefing. The game is FULL of opportunities to grief. That's my whole goddamn argument. Make it *fun*, not a sadomasochist simulator. Because I, and I'm sure others as well, aren't interested in being someone's victim.

I understand your suggestion Kura, but you underestimate how much I know about this game. Bleed 2 is level 9, does 3 damage a tick for 9 ticks, so 27 damage.

ykede was an 18 cleric. They have 183 HP. I would have to cast Bleed 2 seven times to kill him. That's 63 seconds, or just over a minute.

At level 11, a level 9 spell isn't even close to rapid. I can't run away and cast a level 9 spell at the same time.

ykede was using Healing 5, which has a max roll of 30 hp. It is fully rapid at 18. He can use it while simultaneously running. It also has the exact same ratio of mana to heal/damage that Bleed 2 does (3 damage per 1 mana).

I'm going to be honest with you bro, you are a smart guy, but you think other people are oblivious. What you fail to realize is I have gone 1v1 with many clerics many times in very small matches trying to perfect a way to kill them. I have gone 2 kills / 30 deaths MANY times versus Sabre and Sorien, on both my Mage and my Arc. I've tried a *LOT* of different things, Kura.

Let's stay on topic, this is about FFAs. The argument I hear within the community that "It's a team game" that justifies Clerics being unkillable 1v1 are void in a situation that's all about 1v1 engagements. If FFA is going to be the new status quo, then we need to balance all the classes around 1v1 potential.

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 5:48 pm, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Law wrote:
Kuraokami wrote:

Yes Kura, it is griefing. The game is FULL of opportunities to grief. That's my whole goddamn argument. Make it *fun*, not a sadomasochist simulator. Because I, and I'm sure others as well, aren't interested in being someone's victim.

I understand your suggestion Kura, but you underestimate how much I know about this game. Bleed 2 is level 9, does 3 damage a tick for 9 ticks, so 27 damage.

ykede was an 18 cleric. They have 183 HP. I would have to cast Bleed 2 seven times to kill him. That's 63 seconds, or just over a minute.

At level 11, a level 9 spell isn't even close to rapid. I can't run away and cast a level 9 spell at the same time.

ykede was using Healing 5, which has a max roll of 30 hp. It is fully rapid at 18. He can use it while simultaneously running. It also has the exact same ratio of mana to heal/damage that Bleed 2 does (3 damage per 1 mana).

I'm going to be honest with you bro, you are a smart guy, but you think other people are oblivious. What you fail to realize is I have gone 1v1 with many clerics many times in very small matches trying to perfect a way to kill them. I have gone 2 kills / 30 deaths MANY times versus Sabre and Sorien, on both my Mage and my Arc. I've tried a *LOT* of different things, Kura.

Let's stay on topic, this is about FFAs. The argument I hear within the community that "It's a team game" that justifies Clerics being unkillable 1v1 are void in a situation that's all about 1v1 engagements. If FFA is going to be the new status quo, then we need to balance all the classes around 1v1 potential.
Well, by griefing I mean that it's something Sorien or mods should take care of, not something that would be a balance issue. From Valhalla it looked like he was just stalking you, because of the level gap.

Oh, I moreso meant that you counter-grief by bleeding him in the back while he is fighting then hiding, not so that you yourself could kill him, just so that other players would take him down enough that he'd get bored at not overpowering and leave.

You can balance for 1v1, but in such case, you would still need to be of roughly the same level and the appropriate spec, which you said you were neither in this situation. Men's have mind, arcs void, and mages have the efficient cballs. Are you saying that in FFA's, the same levels of those other 3 classes are imbalanced compared to Clerics?

I don't think other people are oblivious, but most just pitch hissie fits without actually saying anything reasonably.

Limitless

Postby Limitless » 5:56 pm, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Kuraokami wrote:
Limitless wrote:my height doesn't matter .. just like 98% of the shit kuradouche posts .. i keep asking questions and he keeps talkin shit about my height hah .. niggah don't play .. niggah dont mod .. niggah aint dev team .. niggah needs to stfu and be out .. js ..
Matters because you have little man syndrome and most of your stances and viewpoints come from behind little man syndrome glasses.

Lol im 6'2 220 .. no idea where this little shits coming from .. but i have zero desire to reason through anything with you .. never will .. youre a fuckin toolbag bruh .. nothing worth hearing ever came out of your mouth .. its all a bunch of senseless "look at me im kura and im so important and blah blah" bullshit ..

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 5:58 pm, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Limitless wrote:
Kuraokami wrote:

Lol im 6'2 220 .. no idea where this little shits coming from .. but i have zero desire to reason through anything with you .. never will .. youre a fuckin toolbag bruh .. nothing worth hearing ever came out of your mouth .. its all a bunch of senseless "look at me im kura and im so important and blah blah" bullshit ..
Nah. Your quote sounds like you.

Law

Postby Law » 6:16 pm, Wed Feb 15, 2017

Kuraokami wrote:Well, by griefing I mean that it's something Sorien or mods should take care of, not something that would be a balance issue.
No, this is a fighting game. He's supposed to fight me. He should never be punished for fighting me.
Kuraokami wrote:Oh, I moreso meant that you counter-grief by bleeding him in the back while he is fighting then hiding, not so that you yourself could kill him, just so that other players would take him down enough that he'd get bored at not overpowering and leave.
This lacks real world experience. You don't "get someone from the back" when he's actively looking for you. You're just delivering yourself to him. Also, it really wasn't a good suggestion, considering it takes much more effort for me to use it than for him to nullify it.
Kuraokami wrote:Are you saying that in FFA's, the same levels of those other 3 classes are imbalanced compared to Clerics?
This is a joke, right? Or do you not read my posts, or all the math I have done, or even played Magestorm? It's pretty widely accepted in the community that Clerics aren't beatable 1v1 by any class. The only class who even has a chance is a Mind Ment, and those are bullshit as well.

I'm gonna be honest are you trolling me or is there something constructive you wish to attain from this argument?

Return to “Suggestions & Polls”