Lowbie Buff Ideas

This forum is for suggestions and polls for Magestorm.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Nowind

Lowbie Buff Ideas

Postby Nowind » 10:10 pm, Sat Feb 11, 2017

For the longevity of the game. Cause we all know 1-30 is the norm here due to the low player base, and getting 1 shot isn't fun or productive even with the lowbie XP boost. I'm not a programmer or anything, so I don't know how easy or hard this stuff would be to implement, but here goes.

1. Increase Lowbie HP by 3.5 x The number of levels he is lower than the avg level of the game. On Avg everybody gets around 7 or so per level so half of that seems like a fair number.

Example: lvl 1 mage in a game full of 30's (avg level is 30, not counting our hero)

Lvl 1 mage hp = 25
Lvl 1 new effective mage hp = 25 + (29x3.5) = 126.5

Still significantly lower than a 30 mage at 206, but at least this gives him a fighting chance.

2. Increase Lowbie Damage by .1x the number of levels he is lower than the avg level of the game.

Example 2: lvl 1 mage in a 30 avg, fires a IB 1 that would typically hit for 2-8 (5avg) would now average hit at 5 + (.1x29) = 7.9

About as strong as an ID2.

Feels a little on the conservative side, but we don't want lvl 5's rapiding cold ball damage, and stuff like that. Maybe .15 would be a more appropriate multiplyer but .2 feels OP.

With that plus the already lowbie XP bonus, it seems not all that bad imo.

Cheers

Nowind (Bpotts/Zuckertort)

Nowind

Re: Lowbie Buff Ideas

Postby Nowind » 10:40 pm, Sat Feb 11, 2017

Either that or just make everybody 30, which I think a majority of the community is for.

Return to “Suggestions & Polls”