end ffa just increase exp overall

This forum is for suggestions and polls for Magestorm.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

ban ffa

Poll ended at 9:27 pm, Thu Mar 02, 2017

yes
73%
no
27%

Total votes: 11

Shadle01

end ffa just increase exp overall

Postby Shadle01 » 9:27 pm, Thu Feb 16, 2017

multiple complaints from great players, hate ffa. i do too. clerics get left out, its not a team game its not magestorm.

increase the healing exp bigtime

increase the exp rate 25% all maps and lets roll

Kuraokami
Regular

Re: end ffa just increase exp overall

Postby Kuraokami » 10:26 pm, Thu Feb 16, 2017

Just kill all ridiculous exp gains. Everyone just gets bored and then quits. Less instant gratification. Make Magestorm Great Again.

Slick

Postby Slick » 4:46 am, Fri Feb 17, 2017

remove ffa bonus. i like the option of 1-5 ffa or 10-30 ffa - removing it entirely seems extreme.

add a noshrine30/20/10 rule

this will encourage team play and shrining to get the bonus

Law

Postby Law » 12:05 pm, Fri Feb 17, 2017

I think FFA should stay. However the bonus should be less, or only given to the first place on the leaderboard.

I think regular Magestorm games' exp rates should be adjusted a little bit to provide an incentive to shrine and play the objective.

Basically, the earlier you win the match, the higher your exp multiplier. Also, the exp multiplier would be affected by the size of the match. For example, a 1 v 1 that was ended at 55 minutes would provide a very small bonus. A 15 v 15 that was won at 50 minutes would provide a huge bonus.

This would create "pub NSWs" without the whole picking phase. Aggressive play would be the norm, and a new meta will emerge and you asshats will finally see Clerics are too tanky. =D

Limitless

Postby Limitless » 9:59 pm, Fri Feb 17, 2017

1-30's are making everything a pumpfest right now .. ffa's are cool .. 1-30's not so much .. noone makes other characters .. everyones just pumping along to 30 .. then what?? new players come in or old players come back and we're all playing 1-30 team matches .. but they're supposed to stick it out and lvl through that?? .. remove 1-30's .. OR .. make only one available like every 3 hours .. then atleast when there's only a couple people on they can still happen .. but in between shit it'll force people to make near same lvl games and actually get back into this shitty ass 40 yr old game that we all love so much for some reason ..

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 10:35 pm, Fri Feb 17, 2017

Law wrote:I think FFA should stay. However the bonus should be less, or only given to the first place on the leaderboard.

I think regular Magestorm games' exp rates should be adjusted a little bit to provide an incentive to shrine and play the objective.

Basically, the earlier you win the match, the higher your exp multiplier. Also, the exp multiplier would be affected by the size of the match. For example, a 1 v 1 that was ended at 55 minutes would provide a very small bonus. A 15 v 15 that was won at 50 minutes would provide a huge bonus.

This would create "pub NSWs" without the whole picking phase. Aggressive play would be the norm, and a new meta will emerge and you asshats will finally see Clerics are too tanky. =D
Aren't early shrine outs already a problem?

Law

Postby Law » 10:36 pm, Fri Feb 17, 2017

Limitless wrote:new players come in or old players come back and we're all playing 1-30 team matches .. but they're supposed to stick it out and lvl through that??
Hit it on the head, here. I log on daily to see if I can play. Both an FFA and a 1 - 30. I log right off.

I'm not fighting level 25s as a level 11. Not worth it at all. Plus, I just wanna heal you guys =/
Kuraokami wrote:Aren't early shrine outs already a problem?
Magestorm is unique. In every other competitive game, people go for the objective. Nobody gets pissed that they dominated hard in League and won in 15 minutes.

I think people want long games in Magestorm because it gets them more exp. But what if winning early got you more exp? People would fight really hard for that, and we'd develop a meta. And, if you made it relative to how many players are in the game, you couldn't abuse it.

So, early shrine outs are only a "problem" because of how the game is structured. If you give people more exp to push the objective, then they will do it. Then maybe we can have a game instead of glorified pump fests where nothing really happens until 10 minutes.

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 10:45 pm, Fri Feb 17, 2017

Yeah, but MS came out during a time when objectives were in infancy. As it is right now, you basically have the shrine and that's it. In LoL, and other modern games, you have a whole series of objectives leading up to the main objective. The alternative scenario in MS is to overpower mages and make pools take forever to bias.

Allfather

Postby Allfather » 12:07 pm, Sat Feb 18, 2017

Law wrote:
Limitless wrote:new players come in or old players come back and we're all playing 1-30 team matches .. but they're supposed to stick it out and lvl through that??
Hit it on the head, here. I log on daily to see if I can play. Both an FFA and a 1 - 30. I log right off.

I'm not fighting level 25s as a level 11. Not worth it at all. Plus, I just wanna heal you guys =/
This. I brought this up in the game last night and was basically told "quit whining, everyone has to do it to level". Terrible reason. My point was it just is not fun to do. Almost every game is a barracks FFA, because "hurr durr most exp". I love this game and do enjoy playing, but won't plan on sticking around for more than a game here or there if this is how it continues.

FFA is a fun idea for a game every once in a while, but it gets old as a low level when you are in Val 90% of the game.

Cyclone01

Postby Cyclone01 » 8:06 pm, Tue Feb 28, 2017

I've been away from the game for 15+ years. I'm old, can't see, can't remember how to move, and am basically pretty terrible now.
I plan on hanging around and playing some Magestorm. And I am very much grateful that the game is up. But I am ONLY here to play the original version of Magestorm. So this being said, if my vote / opinion counts for anything... always consider me on the side of the original, unchanged Magestorm. The 2 things that bother me the most are the FFA and the altered Cathedral. Both changes are directly counter to the harmony and flow of the game I used to love. I also oppose an increase in exp. The LONG and painful journey of leveling is what binds people to the game and community.
Don't get me wrong, I am very appreciative. I just think that if you give life to an ancient game that the ancient version should be respected.

Slick

Postby Slick » 1:45 am, Wed Mar 01, 2017

even with zero bonus, ffa will prevail - its faster experience because you can vulch kills. removing ffa completely might be ok, idk.

1-30 was an awful addition. tonight i seen yet another player (Lumi) that will no longer be playing because of players 10-20 levels above beating them down. although removing 1-30 will probly cause more problems now that levels are so scattered... ffa is fine with appropriate level ranges - its the 1-30 ffa that stinks.

more maps please!

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 4:40 am, Wed Mar 01, 2017

Wasn't Lumi permanently banned for harassing Sorien, anyways?

I can follow the reasoning for liking regular matches more, because they're classic and more fun, imo, but if it's still a matter of experience gaining faster in FFA's, then the experience could just continue to be adjusted until it's at a healthy level.

I'm still not following the reasoning for the non 1-30's, though. It's vibing as more of an issue of pride and/or anti-authority than anything else, honestly, as I don't personally have any issues with "fun" and whatnot in the 1-30s.

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 4:42 am, Wed Mar 01, 2017

Cyclone01 wrote:I've been away from the game for 15+ years. I'm old, can't see, can't remember how to move, and am basically pretty terrible now.
I plan on hanging around and playing some Magestorm. And I am very much grateful that the game is up. But I am ONLY here to play the original version of Magestorm. So this being said, if my vote / opinion counts for anything... always consider me on the side of the original, unchanged Magestorm. The 2 things that bother me the most are the FFA and the altered Cathedral. Both changes are directly counter to the harmony and flow of the game I used to love. I also oppose an increase in exp. The LONG and painful journey of leveling is what binds people to the game and community.
Don't get me wrong, I am very appreciative. I just think that if you give life to an ancient game that the ancient version should be respected.
Sometimes people complain just to complain, so things are altered and altered back, etc. to at least give their complaining a "wild goose chase" of relatively little damage.

Cigs

Postby Cigs » 12:57 pm, Thu Mar 02, 2017

make a 1-20

Deathrogue

Postby Deathrogue » 7:40 am, Fri Mar 03, 2017

+1 for a 1-20.

I had a level 24 last night playing games with some lowbies. Wasn't being a dick like Tellah, but obv it gets a little frustrating for them.

I switched to my level 8 and life was good again, put some restrictions and the good ones will stay and help the community.

Return to “Suggestions & Polls”