Ment Spell Ideas

This forum is for suggestions and polls for Magestorm.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Law

Ment Spell Ideas

Postby Law » 11:18 am, Fri Feb 17, 2017

So, I have a few ideas about Ments that I think will make them a more fun class to play. Tell me what you think.

Movement:
- Add Haste (Self) and Remedy (Self)

Brilliance:
- Remove Lightning I and II (they are downgrades from Shock Bolt II), and then with the free slots add two end-game projectiles. I was thinking, to make them "elite", you give them 1.33x the movement speed of Manastrike so they're really fast. Kura has already made an alternate projectile for Ments so this should be easy to implement.

And this is where things get fun-

Mind:
- Reduce Mind spell damage to 80% of current. Remove some of the spells to make way for additions (but keep the classics like Electro).
- "Scintillate" - An explosion of bright colors that lasts a short time. Used to distract and "blind" by blocking vision, does no damage. Fast moving storm.
- "Decoy" - A projectile that moves the speed of a person running and uses the boulder mechanics to hug the ground. The sprite is a character model identical to the casting player's. No damage.
- "Cacophony" - An invisible projectile that plays random spell destruction sounds to lure people out of hiding. No damage, fast storm.
- "Ameliorate" - A "heal" spell that heals mana instead. Since Ments have static ley this could give them multiple uses in competitive offense play.

Anyhow those are just some ideas I had to make Ments more fun to play and with nerfing mind damage a bit hopefully more fun to play against. I would make all the sprites in GIMP and do all the math on new spells being introduced.

Kuraokami
Regular

Re: Ment Spell Ideas

Postby Kuraokami » 4:31 pm, Fri Feb 17, 2017

Think I already built the first 3 spell ideas you listed.

As far as I am aware, there's no way to make "negative void" spells that increase mana instead of reducing it, as we played around with the idea before.

Law

Postby Law » 5:44 pm, Fri Feb 17, 2017

Kuraokami wrote:As far as I am aware, there's no way to make "negative void" spells that increase mana instead of reducing it, as we played around with the idea before.
Oh really? Lol, that's exactly how I was thinking of going about it. Oh well.

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 6:13 pm, Fri Feb 17, 2017

Law wrote:
Kuraokami wrote:As far as I am aware, there's no way to make "negative void" spells that increase mana instead of reducing it, as we played around with the idea before.
Oh really? Lol, that's exactly how I was thinking of going about it. Oh well.
There was one that made a buncha sparkles all in front of the character, one that reversed their controls, one that made noises, one that made a decoy roll along, then there was Lightning Strike that acted like DK, and then all the Psionics spells. Haste on them was Lightning Haste, which had higher value but shorter duration and lightning under the feet.

Law

Postby Law » 10:33 pm, Fri Feb 17, 2017

really? I never saw any of those. I did see your lightning projectiles though.

I wonder why you guys never put those in the game. They might be fun...

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 10:36 pm, Fri Feb 17, 2017

Law wrote:really? I never saw any of those. I did see your lightning projectiles though.

I wonder why you guys never put those in the game. They might be fun...
They were in game, but only a handful had access while I tested it.

Return to “Suggestions & Polls”