Idea to Help Low Levels

This forum is for suggestions and polls for Magestorm.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Allfather

Idea to Help Low Levels

Postby Allfather » 12:21 pm, Sat Feb 18, 2017

I am not sure if this is possible or if anyone wants to spend time doing it, but the game is pretty boring when it is just 1-30 FFAs.

What if there was a drop down, or field, that you could change your level temporarily? Each level you go down gives a 2-5% increase, up to 50% or so, to exp. For example, a level 25 goes down to level 10 for a 30% increase in EXP, at 2% per level. Get rid of the 1-30 level range and make smaller ranges. Ex. 1-5, 5-10, 10-20, 20-30. This would give lower levels an actual playing experience besides tapping and running through val every 5-10 seconds.

Thoughts?

Law

Re: Idea to Help Low Levels

Postby Law » 1:11 pm, Sat Feb 18, 2017

I think it's a decent idea. I'm not sure how it would be implemented though. Would you have to redo your spell picks or is your pick order kept in a file somewhere and it just reverses it?

Allfather

Postby Allfather » 2:01 pm, Sat Feb 18, 2017

I didn't really think about that. I guess the best way, in my opinion, would have it just undo/redo your spell picks. That way you won't have a ment or something go mind/fly if they were a ground ment or something. Or a F/I Mage change to Tri or E/F.

Barren

Postby Barren » 4:25 pm, Sat Feb 18, 2017

It shouldnt give you more spell picks. It would become too complicated and there would be no incentive to level your guy to 30. If you wanted to do this you'd increase the HP and SP of all players to match what a player at the game's level cap would be. A lvl 1 in a 1-30 game would have lvl 30 HP/SP, but level 1 spells.

Allfather

Postby Allfather » 7:51 pm, Sat Feb 18, 2017

You wouldn't get more spell picks. It would keep exactly what you picked. So lets say you level a ment to 10 and have SB2/S1/Leap2/Whatever resists. You level to 30 with LS/TR5/E1/Leap2. You go back to level 10 to play with lower levels you will go back to SB2/S1/Leap2/etc. Then same when you go back to 30.

The point of it is so low levels don't have to go through ridiculous 1-30 games. They are no fun. If there is any plan to get new, or even old, players into the game long term they won't stick around. They will join a 1-30, get crushed a few times and quit.

Realmjumper

Postby Realmjumper » 10:37 pm, Sat Feb 18, 2017

I think this is a great idea.

Return to “Suggestions & Polls”