@Kross Magestorm/Spellbinder

This forum is for anything tool/developmental related to Magestorm.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Silly

@Kross Magestorm/Spellbinder

Postby Silly » 7:31 pm, Fri Mar 10, 2017

Hi,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUIULCyaLzo

If I recall correctly, you can't shoot anything? How much longer will the wait be, until we can login and fight? Do u have Kaelgard Keep?

This goes right to somewhere with a moderate population if you can pull this off. You are so lucky to run around dude.

Slick

Re: @Kross Magestorm/Spellbinder

Postby Slick » 2:59 am, Sat Mar 11, 2017

spellbinder can run local... i offered to port kaelgard keep over to magestorm -- but we do not have enough map slots. RIP dust map.

while we have the attention of kross:

rain suggested today adding ladders to (get to) the upper deck of barracks. seems to fit that map perfect too.

Silly

Postby Silly » 3:55 pm, Sun Mar 12, 2017

@Slick WELL OFFER AGAIN! Now..Please, allow me to ask nicely! Is there a private community with Kross playing binder!?!? Provided, that's an outrage!

If they can charge monthly, im sure people would play it. Advertise somewhere, anywhere, and im sure it'll make enough to keep itself running; that and your electricity bill =X

Slick

Postby Slick » 5:43 pm, Sun Mar 12, 2017

there is no spellbinder or splatterball server. the video you seen is single player slash offline mode.

@Silly: i cant work on something that will take 20-50+ hours with the possibility of never being implemented. i've offered to do kaelgard keep a few times...

Kross

Postby Kross » 9:57 am, Mon Mar 20, 2017

@silly that video was shot as an encouragement to other programmers. If I could do it, someone else could too.

@slick I don't know why I never put ladders there in the first place. Good idea I'll look into it.

I'm pretty sure I looked at kaelgaurd keep before, by no means it is possible to do. It can consume a lot of time fixing details after converting. Other possible levels would be any flat plains arenas like blood gulch from halo, sadly it's not possible to do ivory tower though.

My computer hasn't been turned on in a while, I'm sure all my files are intact. Its just getting back on the saddle that prevents me from working on maps again. There are quite a few ideas that float around that might encourage me to get back on. There was a complaint on one of the maps the .midi was used, if there is anyone who would like to change it to their own .midi I would like to hear it. Speaking of maps how barracks and cathedral revival these days? What's the map rotation like?

Slick

Postby Slick » 5:56 pm, Mon Mar 20, 2017

barracks rules supreme on this new server. mainly because of the short valhalla. 90% of the matches are FFA so barracks is the best for that.

cath rev and cats 2T are played quite often. although a few people would like to revisit the original cathedral. ive reminded a few that cath revival is quite superior -- but, most that would like to play it will need to make that choice themselves.

havent seen DUST, of course - its not on the map list. ive seen a couple keep matches and we just played town for the first time a couple days ago. temple and halls have yet to be played -- we dont have the population for these 2 maps.

Picnics
Community Rep.

Postby Picnics » 7:14 am, Tue Mar 21, 2017

Cath Revival is probably the best map creation ever. A true masterpiece.

Return to “Development / Tools”