New Map Stronghold

This forum is for anything tool/developmental related to Magestorm.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Kross

New Map Stronghold

Postby Kross » 2:00 am, Sat May 13, 2017

Here is a quick run down of the map. It is based on Keep, Catacombs, and Cathedral. This map is medium to large and spawn points are adjusted to fit the needs of a fast paced game. Tiles in valhalla are based on barracks with 18 tiles on both ffa and team based and the val pool has a slight penalty arcs will see it. Pools are not adjusted to balance each team, so a mock of pool powers were created. Balance is singled out to the north while chaos and order are identical to one another. Mentalist get to use the power of flight and Arcanist can utilize an escape route to recharge. There are no elevators in the main hall so Mages have to use their wits and depend on their parkour skills. Clerics can utilize the mini map by the circles indicating their boundaries of depletion ley.
Stronghold.jpg
Stronghold.jpg (59.01 KiB) Viewed 13394 times
Magestorm 2017-05-12 23-55-54-18.jpg
Magestorm 2017-05-12 23-55-54-18.jpg (113.79 KiB) Viewed 13394 times

Initially this map was going to be done with minimal effort, but alas I saw soo much potential that I needed to put my time into it. I really hope you guys enjoy this map.
https://youtu.be/nXECjP3um9Y

IMMAD

Re: New Map Stronghold

Postby IMMAD » 5:49 pm, Wed May 31, 2017

This looks pretty awesome Kross. Nice work and look forward to playing on it when we are able to!

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 1:18 am, Thu Jun 01, 2017

WOW. I'd like to play this map for sure.

Voltron

Postby Voltron » 12:12 pm, Thu Jun 01, 2017

me too!! lets get this map in the rotation!!

Voltron

Postby Voltron » 10:24 am, Sat Jun 17, 2017

well thr much anticipated map , has lost its luster quickly. Kross, thank you for putting the time and effort to make this map.

but there are many things wrong with it.

1. Way to big need to be size of barracks.

2. to many escapes, to much water to many ledges to many windows. those torchs at cpool just get in the way.

3. did i say way to big yet? :p

this is constructive criticism kross, i think the map can be fun, just with the cpool and those open areas by blue and red with the pools, thats it, cutt off green, get rid of the water and the 7000 escape tunnels and we shoukd be good.

Return to “Development / Tools”