[FFXIV][BDO] Quick questions

This forum is for any general discussions related to Hook64.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

HetzlTV

[FFXIV][BDO] Quick questions

Postby HetzlTV » 3:28 pm, Sat Sep 09, 2017

Hi,

first of all, how do I make my games start in german? I am from Germany but everytime I try to start FFXIV the whole game is in english. If this is not possible maybe it's worth a suggestion for adding this possibility to change the language as you can for ESO.

My 2nd point is more a technical issue. BDO crashes right after I press "Login". Maybe some solution?

and the 3rd and last. How safe is it to use the hook for FFXIV and BDO? Is everything up-to-date? How about getting banned?

Sorien
Developer

Re: [FFXIV][BDO] Quick questions

Postby Sorien » 4:52 pm, Sat Sep 09, 2017

HetzlTV wrote:how do I make my games start in german? I am from Germany but everytime I try to start FFXIV the whole game is in english. If this is not possible maybe it's worth a suggestion for adding this possibility to change the language as you can for ESO.
I can add the language option for FFXIV but it may be a few days before I can get the version up for you.
Edit: I'll have the version out in a few minutes.
HetzlTV wrote:BDO crashes right after I press "Login". Maybe some solution?
I don't know what's causing that as I haven't had anyone else complain about such a problem... does it crash both with and without Hook64?
HetzlTV wrote:How safe is it to use the hook for FFXIV and BDO? Is everything up-to-date? How about getting banned?
For FFXIV it's extremely safe and you won't get banned unless you do something extremely obvious and someone sees you.
For BDO, Hook64 is currently undetected by Xigncode but that can change at any time. Mostly though, it's all about getting caught and being reported by another player. So just be sensible and don't do stuff around other players. Trust noone. I should also mention that it's highly suspicious that the attack speed and movement speed hacks even work in BDO, so they may end up getting detected at any time though it's been years so I doubt it.

HetzlTV

Postby HetzlTV » 5:31 pm, Sat Sep 09, 2017

I can add the language option for FFXIV but it may be a few days before I can get the version up for you.
Edit: I'll have the version out in a few minutes.
Great! Can't wait to play the game in german!
I don't know what's causing that as I haven't had anyone else complain about such a problem... does it crash both with and without Hook64?
No, BDO starts without problems without the hook. Where do I need to put the files? I put them in the bin64 folder of the BDO folder.

Sorien
Developer

Postby Sorien » 5:34 pm, Sat Sep 09, 2017

Normally you don't have to put them in that folder, it will just detect it via the uninstaller. If not, then that would be the way to do it.

As for the crash problem... I honestly don't know, nothing should be causing any crashes at login as there's literally nothing done with Hook64 related to logging in (once ingame).

HetzlTV

Postby HetzlTV » 5:42 pm, Sat Sep 09, 2017

Normally you don't have to put them in that folder, it will just detect it via the uninstaller. If not, then that would be the way to do it.

As for the crash problem... I honestly don't know, nothing should be causing any crashes at login as there's literally nothing done with Hook64 related to logging in.
Okay, I'll look into it. Tell me when the FFXIV hook is ready! Thank you!

Sorien
Developer

Postby Sorien » 5:52 pm, Sat Sep 09, 2017

HetzlTV wrote:

As for the crash problem... I honestly don't know, nothing should be causing any crashes at login as there's literally nothing done with Hook64 related to logging in.
Okay, I'll look into it. Tell me when the FFXIV hook is ready! Thank you!
It's up... same download link.

Opium

Postby Opium » 3:55 am, Thu Sep 05, 2019

Do you think boting in FFXIV is legal or atleast can I do it while noone can detect me?
https://mmoauctions.com/final-fantasy-xiv/bots-cheats
Last edited by Opium on 8:15 am, Fri Sep 20, 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Sorien
Developer

Postby Sorien » 3:37 am, Fri Sep 06, 2019

Opium wrote:
3:55 am, Thu Sep 05, 2019
Do you think boting in FFXIV is legal or atleast can I do it while noone can detect me?
FFXIV has no anticheat.. and legal in what way? =x

If they find out you bot then you'll get banned but it's not against the law.

Return to “General”