Failing to get Hook64 to work with ESO

This forum is for any technical support related to Hook64.
All support threads are closely monitored.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Eecer

Failing to get Hook64 to work with ESO

Postby Eecer » 8:04 pm, Tue Apr 04, 2017

I cannot get Hook64 to work with ESO at all. I have ESO through Steam so I have tried the idea of changing Launcher32 and Launcher64 to eso and eso64. I am extracting everything to /Elder Scrolls Online/game/client where eso.exe and eso64.exe exists. I have all of the required software (.net and visual c++ x86 and x64) and have even uninstalled the versions I had originally and installed the ones linked.

Originally, I could get Launcher open and then when attempting to run ESO, eso.exe would fail. I saw that you recently had to make some changes since there was the verify version issue and after installing that version I am not even able to load the launcher (I get a brief second of cycling and then nothing appears on my screen)

I am really wanting to use this, but I have no idea what I could be doing wrong that is causing it to fail. Am I right that I need to rename the launchers as eso and eso64? Am I placing all the files in the correct directory? Is there anything else that I need to change in order to get the Launcher to even load now?

Sorien
Developer

Re: Failing to get Hook64 to work with ESO

Postby Sorien » 8:25 pm, Tue Apr 04, 2017

No, if you rename them they wont work at all. Most of the time you don't even need to put the Hook64 files in the ESO folder, it will just auto-detect it.

Also, since you've put the files in the game folder make sure you delete all the Hook64 files if you decide to launch it without putting the files in there otherwise it'll always load the one in the game folder.

Put the Hook64 exes back to normal and try again.. if it still doesn't work tell me exactly what it does.

Eecer

Postby Eecer » 9:28 pm, Tue Apr 04, 2017

Wow, I am an idiot!

Removed the files from the directory. Launched Hook64 from it's own folder in my documents and it worked perfectly. Thank you very much!

Sorien
Developer

Postby Sorien » 9:51 pm, Tue Apr 04, 2017

No problem. =x

Return to “Technical Support”