FF14 doesn't launch

This forum is for any technical support related to Hook64.
All support threads are closely monitored.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Mnlapn

FF14 doesn't launch

Postby Mnlapn » 1:11 am, Thu Aug 24, 2017

Hello i'm fairly new to hook64, and I tried it on TOS.
It's working pretty well even though I can't equip more weapons on "hidden" slots (guess the feature is not available anymore).

I tried using it on FF14, and I logged in successfully (tried with wrong vs good password), but then i've got the animation with the dood and the dog (in 8-bit), and then... nothing. No game launching.
Ofc I tried launching as admin with x32 and x64 version of hook 64. I have FF14 and both expansion (ie heaven and stormblood).
Also tried to get all the hook64 files into the main directory folder of the game and launching from there.

Is Hook64 still working for FF14 ? Or is it just my version not working ?

ps : Just tried with BDO and it's the same. Entering correct login/password and then nothing launches.

Sorien
Developer

Re: FF14 doesn't launch

Postby Sorien » 9:48 am, Thu Aug 24, 2017

Sounds like you have an anti-virus conflict or another program interfering with the hooking process.

Try disabling your antivirus or anti-malware programs... if that doesn't fix it I could always Teamviewer you to see what the problem is if you feel comfortable with that.

Mnlapn

Re: FF14 doesn't launch

Postby Mnlapn » 11:58 am, Thu Aug 24, 2017

It was my AV blocking the launching (the games launches in english now for some reasons, but i'm okay with that).
Works like a charm in BDO and FF14 at least for the movement speed part, because i can't see any big difference in cooldown reduction in FF14.

Thanks a lot for solving my issue !

Return to “Technical Support”