1.5.3.3 not launching ESO (EU)

This forum is for any technical support related to Hook64.
All support threads are closely monitored.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Dadomiz

1.5.3.3 not launching ESO (EU)

Postby Dadomiz » 5:36 pm, Tue Jan 10, 2017

Hi Sorien!

So after today I got annoyed for the first time by that "there was an error while reading your subscription information" every 1-2 hours and a complete freeze of the game with it, I started looking for newer versions, with the last comment on tamrielfoundry guiding me here. Now the problem is, that ESO doesnt even launch on 1.5.3.3. When I try to use x86 version there comes an empty window with the title bar saying "hook64 Exception", in x64 I can only see eso64.exe popping up for a second in my task manager.
So I checked back the old version I downloaded on December 14th from tamrielfoundry, to make sure I havent messed up anything and voila: this one still works! Of course with giving me that subscription error.
I wanted to try different versions between, but honestly, what are the patchnotes for, when theyre all linked to the latest version? :|

Good luck with fixing and sincere thanks for all the effort youve put into this project so far!

Sorien
Developer

Re: 1.5.3.3 not launching ESO (EU)

Postby Sorien » 5:44 pm, Tue Jan 10, 2017

Dadomiz wrote:Hi Sorien!

So after today I got annoyed for the first time by that "there was an error while reading your subscription information" every 1-2 hours and a complete freeze of the game with it, I started looking for newer versions, with the last comment on tamrielfoundry guiding me here. Now the problem is, that ESO doesnt even launch on 1.5.3.3. When I try to use x86 version there comes an empty window with the title bar saying "hook64 Exception", in x64 I can only see eso64.exe popping up for a second in my task manager.
So I checked back the old version I downloaded on December 14th from tamrielfoundry, to make sure I havent messed up anything and voila: this one still works! Of course with giving me that subscription error.
I wanted to try different versions between, but honestly, what are the patchnotes for, when theyre all linked to the latest version? :|

Good luck with fixing and sincere thanks for all the effort youve put into this project so far!
Yea, sorry about that.. I was extremely tired this morning and put in a quick fix for something that worked for some people and broke it for others... Download 1.5.3.4 and it should be fixed.

As for the version thing... I'll start keeping previous versions for archival reasons.

Dadomiz

Postby Dadomiz » 5:52 pm, Tue Jan 10, 2017

Thanks for your fast reply! Sadly 1.5.3.4 isnt working either...
Any idea what could cause that subscription error in this older version?
Anyway, I'd rather play with freezes than with fog xD

Sorien
Developer

Postby Sorien » 6:05 pm, Tue Jan 10, 2017

Dadomiz wrote:Thanks for your fast reply! Sadly 1.5.3.4 isnt working either...
Any idea what could cause that subscription error in this older version?
Anyway, I'd rather play with freezes than with fog xD
Well the older version didn't have subscription authentication disabled for non-subscription games (an oversight), but the newest version does.

Can you explain the exact problem you're having with 1.5.3.4? I just tested it and it works fine for me on ESO.

Dadomiz

Postby Dadomiz » 6:40 pm, Tue Jan 10, 2017

Sorien wrote: Can you explain the exact problem you're having with 1.5.3.4? I just tested it and it works fine for me on ESO.
Same as with 1.5.3.3 - absolutely nothing on x64 and on x86 after a few seconds there appears this empty window titled "hook64 Exception"

Sorien
Developer

Postby Sorien » 6:45 pm, Tue Jan 10, 2017

Dadomiz wrote:
Sorien wrote: Can you explain the exact problem you're having with 1.5.3.4? I just tested it and it works fine for me on ESO.
Same as with 1.5.3.3 - absolutely nothing on x64 and on x86 after a few seconds there appears this empty window titled "hook64 Exception"
And you're positive you're using 1.5.3.4? It shows that version in the Hook64 launcher? If so, I have no idea what could be causing it.

Would you be willing to let me Teamviewer you so I can try to figure it out? If so, send me your TV ID/Pass and I'll connect as soon as possible.

Dadomiz

Postby Dadomiz » 7:15 pm, Tue Jan 10, 2017

Omg, it works now! I dont get it, did I download too early, so when you posted the new patchnote, but before the new version was actually up?
Right after I downloaded TeamViewer and tried some other different things it finally worked! :lol:

Thanks so much, well done!

EDIT: btw *thumbs up* for the new settings UI - no longer searching through the settings.ini... 8-)

Return to “Technical Support”