FFA LEY POLL

This forum is for suggestions and polls for Magestorm.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

make all chars have full ley or cap arcs max ley

give all classes full ley
No votes
cap arc ley at the same max as other classes
29%
fuck rain's mom
71%

Total votes: 7

Limitless

FFA LEY POLL

Postby Limitless » 9:21 pm, Sat May 06, 2017

i feel like it's unfair that arcs have the potential to get full ley when every other class is fixxed at the same point .. keep the same ley system .. but it shouldn't be able to surpass ments mages or clerics .. i.e. they still need pools for their max ley but their max = everyone else's max .. or all classes should just have full ley .. eliminate all options and just full mana/ley for all ..

Slick

Re: FFA LEY POLL

Postby Slick » 11:34 pm, Sat May 06, 2017

give clerics full ley? brilliant!

the only class that suffers in ffa is wizards. a better thought might be to enable bias pools to 100% neutral.

you took pics of rain's mom? post plzthx

Limitless

Postby Limitless » 12:20 am, Sun May 07, 2017

clerks aren't as op as everyone thinks they are .. plus ffa's a joke anyways .. it's not ms so who gives a fuck .. make it like a balls to the wall shit show .. give all classes full ley and mana .. that's the whole point anyways aint it??

Ayo

Postby Ayo » 1:35 am, Sun May 07, 2017

Instead of "balancing" FFA -

Restore the old character database, make everyone 30, or implement flexible levels that allow players to put toons anywhere 1-30, so FFA is played less often and returns to its intended purpose as a secondary match type.

To maximize the player base, get rid of progressive leveling. FFA is the best exp so people grind to 30 and there's always new toons leveling, so it remains the primary match type, and it sucks. It effectively limits access to a dead game, and why would anyone want to limit access to a dead game?

The absolute best course of action is to enable the community, both active and retired. Incorporate flexible levels and release a messaging app of some sort, so we can organize times to play among ourselves knowing when we login we'll have access to any level/class we want.

Voltron

Postby Voltron » 2:54 pm, Sun May 07, 2017

Or if there is a way to make the arcs ley stop at the same point mages and ments ley stops and not let it fill all the way up?

if anything bump the cl ley up just tad in ffa. I believe its a little under half right now?

Slick

Postby Slick » 5:25 pm, Sun May 07, 2017

Ayo wrote:To maximize the player base, get rid of progressive leveling.
This is both true and not true. However, more people played to level. Now they are 30 there is a clear drop in active players, myself included.

How about the 12 player (or so) "real" matches where teams are picked? You get a bad cleric, boom - awful match. You get a wizard (or 2) that really doesnt know how to play, boom - awful match. Not to mention if you get a captain (picking teams) that is clueless. Do this for several nights and yes, boom - you are less interested in playing.

I do not have a solution for the obvious issues - but I can point them out...

Back to the topic of the thread... :shock:

For anyone who is unfamiliar on how ley/power works:

Cleric ------ 35% base ley (powered by shrines)
Wizard ----- 75% base ley (powered by pools)
Mentalist -- 75% base ley (constant)
Arcanist --- 0% base ley (up to 100% by sitting in a pool with a 10 second ley lock after exiting the pool)

Power regen is TIME based.

Power Formulas:

Code: Select all

float power_seconds_zerotofull
{
	get
	{
		//with 100% ley you would regen from 0 to 100 in 10s
		//with 0% ley it would take 40s
		return (30f * (100f - Ley) / 100f) + 10f;
	}
}

public float power_per_second
{
	get
	{
		return PowerMax / power_seconds_zerotofull;
	}
}

Ayo

Postby Ayo » 9:46 pm, Sun May 07, 2017

That's fair, Slick. My overarching point is, if we want to preserve MS we need easy access and communication. Removing leveling only works if there's a platform to share suggested dates/times to play with anyone remotely interested in MS, and a flexible leveling system that allows toons to move 1-30. Absent the aforementioned, I think the legacy leveling system should remain.

Toil over FFA if you want...mages need more ley or more efficient dmg, and possibly hp. Shrug.

Limitless

Postby Limitless » 7:48 pm, Fri May 12, 2017

i agree with errythang mike said

Limitless

Postby Limitless » 7:48 pm, Fri May 12, 2017

Voltron wrote:Or if there is a way to make the arcs ley stop at the same point mages and ments ley stops and not let it fill all the way up?

if anything bump the cl ley up just tad in ffa. I believe its a little under half right now?
that options on the poll ciggy cman!!

Voltron

Postby Voltron » 9:53 pm, Fri May 12, 2017

YEs I voted for it ;p

Atla

Postby Atla » 5:04 pm, Mon Jul 10, 2017

I missed this poll, but I want to bang Rain's mom also....

Atla

Postby Atla » 5:05 pm, Mon Jul 10, 2017

I take it back! I just got to vote!

Return to “Suggestions & Polls”