What are folks playing now?

This forum is for any general discussions related to Magestorm.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Atla

What are folks playing now?

Postby Atla » 5:14 am, Tue May 21, 2019

Hello everyone, hope all is well! Still alive here! (Seems like as you hit your mid-40s people your age start dying all around you...)

Only thing I've played lately is Destiny 2, and I'm absolutely bored as hell with the lack of end game. :(

Any recommendations for FPSs with RPG elements? Or, other phenomenal games I might enjoy? :?:

Thanks,
- Dr. Q

Etrius

Re: What are folks playing now?

Postby Etrius » 5:19 am, Tue May 21, 2019

For FPS I can recommend Deus Ex: Human Revolution (and maybe the sequel, Mankind Divided), its a nice FPS with Stealth mechanics, RPG skill trees and augmentations. It's offline tho.

I'm playing Magic Arena and FFXIV since a friend is paying my sub, lol.

Atla

Postby Atla » 5:20 am, Tue May 21, 2019

Thanks, should have specified, online. Not really fond of playing games alone nowadays. If I'm going to play a game at all I like to feel I'm being at least marginally social. lol

Etrius

Postby Etrius » 5:26 am, Tue May 21, 2019

In that case, you have only 3 options: Destiny 2 (you're already playing), The Division 2 and Anthem (not recommended).

Atla

Postby Atla » 5:27 am, Tue May 21, 2019

Even a game changing mmorpg would be nice. It seems like all the mmorpgs over the last handful of years have been mediocre to say the least.

Atla

Postby Atla » 5:30 am, Tue May 21, 2019

Cool, Division 2 looks worth checking out.

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 2:17 pm, Sat May 25, 2019

Notta.

I played Archeage for about half a year when it first came out. Then Fallout 4 for about 6 weeks on PlayStation.

Had a lung collapse last spring that took me out of commission for a few months, then had mysterious bad anemia and iron deficiency for several months. Then had to get GI surgery for blood loss that took me out the rest of the year. Played Fallout 76 for most of that timeframe on PlayStation.

All in all, I really don’t play games anymore unless it’s just related to Nostalgia. Only really even open up my laptop if my phone is dead and wanna watch videos, or if I need to print documents.

Been working more on real hobbies and things with practical effects, because, hey, I’m single, have zero friends, and I ain’t exactly getting any younger lol. That and I realized that most of what I do is just a response from not getting to do what I actually wanted to do in the first place. So now I spend my free time playing outside, taking care of business, or learning how to make or fix stuff. Never really liked electronics to begin with, just didn’t have the option for other stuff or just didn’t recognize that I did.

DAoC Phoenix server looks good, as does Camelot Unchained. Considering asking Mark Jacobs to play MS on here, if the server is still up right now.

Atla

Postby Atla » 7:34 am, Thu May 30, 2019

Sounds like it was quite a rough year. Sorry you had to go through all that.

Yeah, I tend to binge when I play games and then not play for months at a time. Usually I binge when new content is released at the same time that things in daily life becoming overwhelming with no other realistic ways to work through the problem (like a few months ago I binged while waiting on mortgage results, because it was out of my hands at that point). It can be a good coping mechanism when there is nothing else you can do and when it doesn't interfere with activities that can actually create results to fix the problem. It can be immersive in a meditative/mindful way.

I didn't realize DAoC was still around. I'll have to look into that...

Return to “General”